"Follow me and I will make you fishers of men." I realized recently that the mental image that pops into my head with that verse is probably not accurate.
Do we picture fishing for men like modern Americans fish?
- one line, one hook, one worm
- recreationally, if we have time
- big nets
- you take time to fix nets
- our very survival depends on it
- you fish all night
- you fish everyday
- you sleep and eat so you can fish more
And probably the scariest question: Are you fishing for men like an American or like a first century Jew?