Here is a quick recap: The Sabbath - What is it?, What makes a Sabbath?, The Sabbath in the New Testament
Sometime in the future I'd like to roll all of those (plus more) into one longer article. In the meantime, here are a handful of resources on the Sabbath, work, and rest if you want to study more on the subject.
- Choosing to Cheat: Who wins when family and work collide? by Andy Stanley (I haven't actually read the book, but I have listened to a couple of Stanley's messages on this topic.)
- Dangers of Missionalism by Gordon MacDonald (internet article)
- Spiritual Disciplines, Sabbath and Work by Mark Driscoll (blog post)
- What day is the Sabbath? by gotquestions.org (internet article)
- A Word to the Overworked, Overwhelmed, and Overcommitted by Chip Ingram (Sorry, I couldn't find a free version of this sermon.)