I don't have my usual headings for this review because this wasn't a book you really read. This was a book about graphic design so a quote about "shorten the margins a quarter-inch to the left" would not have done much to inspire anyone.
It was however, a good book. I don't think of myself as having an eye for design but it was basic enough that I could follow along. It had multiple "Projects" which gave complete template instructions for newsletters, announcements, etc.
Overall, this book was worth my time to read as it got my mind thinking more like a designer, and provided several usable projects and examples. I'm hanging on to my library copy as a long as I am allowed, referencing it as needed. If you're in any place where you regularly create any sort of documents, it's worth a quick "read" through. Enjoy the pictures too!
2011 Personal Impact Ranking:
- Church Planting Movements by David Garrison
- One thing You Can't Do in Heaven by Mark Cahill*
- The Divine Commodity by Skye Jethani
- Fight Clubs by Jonathan Dodson*
- Humility by CJ Mahaney*
- How to Design Cool Stuff by John McWade
- Why We Love the Church by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck*
- The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis
- Samson and the Pirate Monks by Nate Larkin*
- Switch by Chip and Dan Heath
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan*
- It's Better to Build Boys Than Mend Men by S. Truett Cathy*
- The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott*