- Each year my wife and I want to review the book Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. This books presents a Biblical perspective on parenting in a very usable way. It challenged us immensely the first time we read it, so we think a yearly review will help us 're-align' our parenting on the Bible.
- Speaking of Scripture, we want to regularly review Scripture about parenting. I've been compiling a list of Bible passages about parenting, and I'll put it up as a separate post in the future.
- Be there. (This is mainly directed at me.) When I'm at home, I need to be fully focused and present. Specifically, I need to put aside my phone and put off responding to text messages when I'm with my family. (It's taking my hierarchy of communication and seeing my wife and kids at the top of it.)
- Once a year we want to seek time with another family who has raised their kids to be followers of Jesus. We want time with them and to seek to learn from them. (We're actually keeping a list of people that fit this description.)
- Another yearly goal: Take a family vacation. This should be just us, with no bigger agenda than spending time together.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Notes on Making Disciples of our Boys, Part 2
These are continuing thoughts from Part 1.